J&K Scholarship – I Hope you are here to know the details about the J&K Scholarship. If it is true, then you are in the correct place now. I will inform you about the eligibility criteria, important dates and links, application process of the scholarship. So, if you are interested in this matter, you should read the entire content carefully.
Every year many domicile students of Jammu and Kashmir benefit from financial support to proceed with their studies. Students from school and colleges get the scholarship along with financial assistance through the scholarship programs. As a result, many deserving students from J&K continue their academic career growth with the economic support of the above scholarship. The central and state government initiates many scholarship programs to encourage the educational development.
J&K scholarship list
The students of J&K gets the opportunity to avail scholarships like:
- PMSSS or Prime minister special scholarship scheme, J&K – this scholarship provider is AICTE
- Post matric scholarship for OBC/DNT/PC/EBC/SC students of J&K – provided by the Directorate of Social Welfare Jammu, Govt of Jammu and Kashmir.
- HSSP or KEI High school scholarship – provider of this scholarship is KEI or Kashmir Education Initiative in collaboration with IMT or Iqbal Memorial Trust.
- PGSP or KEI post-graduate scholarship – initiative of this scholarship is KEI or Kashmir Education Initiative in collaboration with IMT or Iqbal Memorial Trust.
- CCB or Combined Counselling Board scholarship, J&K – the Combined Counselling Board offers this scholarship.
J&K scholarship eligibility criteria
The eligibility criteria is various according to the scholarship programs they offer. Here are the detailed eligibility criteria that every aspirant should be aware of.
PMSSS or Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme
- The applicant must pass the class 12th from J&K Board or CBSE affiliated institution in J&K.
- The candidate must continue any professional or general, or medical degree course (prescribed list).
- The applicant must get admission within J&K state.
- The candidate having a 10+3 diploma can get admission to the second year of any professional course in any vacant seat and is eligible for this scholarship.
- The annual income must not be more than 8 lakhs.
Post matric scholarship for OBC/DNT/PC/EBC/SC students of J&K
- Must belong to OBC/DNT/PC/EBC/SC category.
- The candidates definitely continue Post matric study in any government or government recognised institutions within and outside J&K.
- The annual family income for SC and DNT candidates must be below 2.5 lakhs.
- The applicant for OBC/PC/EBC must have an annual income upto 1 lakh.
HSSP or KEI High school scholarship
- The candidate belongs to class 9.
- Score 75% and above is a must in class 8 (conducted by DIET).
- Family income is within 3 lakhs.
PGSP or KEI post graduate scholarship
- The candidate must pursue integrated courses like BBA-MBA, BCA-MCA, LLB-LLM.
- Students of general category Post Graduate course like MA, MSC, MCOM and technical course like MTech are eligible for J&K scholarship.
- Students belong to Kashmir University (1st semester), Central University, IUST and SKUAST (2nd semester).
- The per annum income is not more than 3 lakhs.
CCB or Combined Counselling Board scholarship, J&K
- The candidate must pursue a diploma/degree/post graduation level from college or university.
- The applicant must have the 40-50% in the last qualifying examination.
J&K scholarship Application Method
As the scholarships are different, so the applicant knows the application method.
- For PMSSS or Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme, applicants must apply through AICTE J&K scholarship official website/portal.
- For Post matric scholarship for OBC/DNT/PC/EBC/SC, students of J&K must apply through the online State portal of Jammu and Kashmir. The applicant needs to submit a hard copy to the concerned institutions for verification.
- For HSSP or KEI High school scholarship, the applicant can apply to a nearby authorised centre.
- For HSSP or KEI High school scholarship, apply through the official website/portal of PGSP.
- For CCB or Combined Counselling Board scholarship, J&K, the aspirant must apply through the CCB’s official website.
If there are any problem, you can comment us in the comment section below. We will contact you shortly.
J&K scholarship registration
For getting the above scholarships the candidates must register themselves at the official above mentioned websites or portals. For registration the candidate must have
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Date of birth
- Government ID
- Admission detail
- Academic last year/semester result.
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
J&K scholarship login (H4)
After successfully registering, the candidate must J&K scholarship login to the respective website, with login credentials.
Necessary Documents for J&K scholarship
Necessary Documents for J&K scholarship are as follows.
- Academic last year or semester result.
- Income certificate of family.
- Domicile certificate
- Caste certificate
- Admission proof
- Government ID proof
J&K scholarship – Important Date
|Application Starting Date||Update Soon|
|Last Date of Application||Update Soon|
J&K scholarship selection procedure
Follow the steps below to know the J&K scholarship selection procedure.
- Selection is based on the entrance test conducted by the central or state government. Those candidates must get admission to a degree course.
- For the MBBS course, the candidate must qualify NEET examination.
- For the architecture course, the applicant must qualify the NATA exam connected by the Council of Architecture.
- Must belong to the respective category.
J&K scholarship Rewards
The rewards for J&K scholarship is not the same for every scheme. The award details are as follows.
- General degree course – academic fee up to 30000 and maintenance charge upto 1 lakh.
- Professional degree course – academic fee up to 1.25 lakhs.
- Medical or equivalent course – academic up to 3 lakhs.
J&K scholarship Status check
J&K scholarship Status check is available in various portals. So better to check the respective portals.
6 Crucial Point For J&K scholarship
- Must belong to Jammu and Kashmir.
- Must get admission to a course.
- Income is not above 8 lakhs per annum.
- Apply for course wise scholarship.
- Preference will be given if the study is conducted within Jammu and Kashmir.
- Minimum qualification is mandatory.
J&K scholarship Official Link
J&K scholarship Contact Details
- Official Website – Get Details
J&K scholarship Important FAQ’s
Who can apply for J&K scholarship?
The inhabitants of J&K only apply for this scholarship.
What is the minimum qualification?
Class 9 for Pre matric and 12th for Post matric. So class 8 is the minimum qualification.
Which certificate is essential for J&K scholarship?
Income certificate along with domicile.