PM Scholarship – Every year many students apply for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), which is an initiative to encourage students from various parts of India to get financial help to carry their education on. Mainly the higher professionals and technical education are encouraged through this scheme. PMSS is a scholarship program awarded by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to encourage meritorious students all over the country.
- Name of the Scholarship – PM Scholarship
- Application Starting date – Update Soon
- Last date of Application – Update Soon
- Application Mode – Online
- Official Website – https://scholarships.gov.in/
Which Course Are Applicable For PM Scholarship
If you are looking for the PM Scholarship, you definitely know the course that satisfy the eligibility criteria to be a PM Scholarship holder. Here are the courses that are applicable for PM scholarship.
Here are the 4 major courses:
- Engineering or Architecture
- Other Professional Courses
- Engineering or Architecture course with the following course name along with duration
- BTech (4 years)
- BArch (4 to 5 years)
- BE (4 years)
- Medical course with the following course name along with duration
- BUMS (5 years)
- BVSc & AH (5 years)
- BNYS (5 years)
- MBBS (4.5 years)
- BSMS (4.5 years)
- BDS (5 years)
- BAMS (4.5 years)
- BHMS (4.5 years)
- BSc, BPT (4 years)
- B.Pharma. (4 years)
- BSc MLT (Medical Lab Technology) (4 years)
- BSc Optometry (3 years)
- BSc Nursing (4 years)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (4 years)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (4.5 years)
- Management Courses with the following courses name along with duration.
- MBA (2 years)
- MCA (3 years)
- BPlan (4 years)
- BBA (3 years)
- BCA (3 years)
- BBM (3 years)
- Other career or professional Courses with the following courses name along with duration.
- BSc Horticulture (4 years)
- BSc Agriculture (4 years)
- BFSc/B.Fisheries (4 years)
- Coy Secretary (4 years)
- BSc Bio-Tech (3 years)
- BSc HHA (3 years)
- Hotel Management Degree (4 years)
- BMC (3 years)
- B.Ed. (1 year)
- BPEd (1 year)
- BFT (3 years)
- BASLP (4 years)
- BSc Microbiology (3 years)
- LLB (2 to 3 years)
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (3 to 5 years)
- BFA (4 years)
- BFD (3 years)
- BA LLB (5 years)
Remember, the students from the above will get the financial support for the PM Scholarship.
What is PM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Let’s come the eligibility criteria for PM Scholarship.
- The applicant must complete class 12th or Diploma or graduation.
- The applicant must be a dependent ward or widow of deceased CAPFs & AR or Ex-CAPFs & AR or retired and serving CAPFs & AR or a State Police Personnel.
- The applicant must pursue the professional courses mentioned above. (anyone from the above)
- Minimum 60% marks are essential for the above scholarship.
Who Will Not Be Eligible for PM Scholarship
The general students from humanities or plain commerce or science are not eligible for PM scholarship.
PM Modi scholarship apply online
The process of online application is straightforward. Follow the simple steps to apply for the PM Modi scholarship scheme. Remember, before applying for any scholarship, always check the official notification, including the date of the scholarship, eligibility criteria, how to apply and more. Now check below:
- The first step is to go to the official website or portal of the PM Scholarship.
- Register first if you are a new applicant. For registration, go to the “New Registration” option.
- Read the application guidance carefully before further proceed.
- Proceed and fill in all the mandatory fields. Don’t put any wrong information.
- Check once and register using the “Register” option/button.
- After successfully registering, log in to the PM Scholarship portal with login credentials like User ID and Password.
- Put the OTP that applicants will receive at their registered mobile number.
- First, verify the OTP and change the password.
- Login with new password and upload all necessary documents (scan copy) like personal detail, academic details, admission proof, i.e. Money receipt from the institution, bank details and other.
- Finally, submit the application and wait.
If your application satisfy the selected criteria, you’ll get PM scholarship.
- Go to the official portal of PM Scholarship
- Go to New Registration
- Read instructions and fill all the necessary fields
- Click on ‘register’
- Login with ID and password that you received at your phone.
- Put the OTP you’ll get and change the password.
- Login with new password and upload all necessary documents.
- Finally submit using ‘Submit’ option/button.
What is the PM Modi Scholarship Reward Details
Around 2000 applicant apply for PM Scholarship. So the reward details are like:
- Girls get INR 3000 monthly and
- Boys get INR 2500 monthly.
500 more scholarships are awarded to the State Police Personnel who were martyred during Naxal or Terror attacks.
|HDFC Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
|Aikyashree Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
|KC Mahindra Scholarship – GET DETAILS|
What is PM Modi Scholarship Amount Details
Already mentioned above. For instance, from 2500 – 3000 per month to the boys and girls who are applicant and belong to the above segment.
What is PM Scholarship Selection Method
The PM Scholarship selection methods are dependents on the 7 stages. These are:
- Stage 1 (category 1) – the applicant of the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel killed in action will get the priority.
- Stage 2 (category 2) – the applicant of the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action.
- Stage 3 (category 3) – the applicant of the wards and widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel who died during their service for causes attributable to Government service.
- Stage 4 (category 4) – the applicant of the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled during their service with disability attributable to Government service.
- Stage 5 (category 5) – the applicant of the wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who have received gallantry awards.
- Stage 6 (category 6) – the applicant of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR only).
- Stage 7 (category 7) – the applicant of the wards serving CAPFs & AR personnel (PBOR) subject to the availability of the scholarship.
Official Link of PM Scholarship
Official Link – Get Details
What is PM Scholarship Renewal Procedure
Before getting knowledge about the renewal procedure, you must know the renewal criteria.
- Must get 50% marks in each semester or academic year
- Need to pass all the subjects in each semester or academic year.
The applicant can renewal their scholarship if all the renewal criteria matched (mentioned above). To renewal, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official website.
- Login with credentials like ID and password.
- Navigate to the Renewal tab.
- Fill all the fields with necessary credentials.
- Finally click on the renewal button.
The candidate can apply within one year of the declaration of the result. The application is taken all over the years except January and April.
What is PM Scholarship
PM Scholarship is a national level scholarship that is designed to support the applicants of the wards and widows of CAPFs & AR personnel, Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel who got disabled in action, widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel, PBOR and so on. Every year almost 2000 applicant get benefited of these scholarships and continue their studies.
PM Scholarship Important FAQ’s
Is PM Scholarship offline application possible?
No, the PM Scholarship is only online. So, for this scholarship the applicant must apply through the official website or portal.
Is PM Scholarship open for distance course?
NO, PM scholarship is not open for distance course. Only regular students get the benefit and support from it.